- Last Updated on Thursday, 13 August 2015 09:25
First Grade Mathematics Curriculum
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
1. Recalls automatically all addition and subtraction facts within 10.
2. Uses strategies and models to add within 20.
3. Uses strategies and models to subtract within 20.
Number and Operations
- Builds two digit numbers by creating groups of tens and ones.
- Uses strategies, properties, and relationships to add two digit numbers.
- Fluently figures 10 more or 10 less than a given two-digit number.
- Compares two two-digit numbers and records the comparison with symbols.
Measurement and Data
- Measures an object's length by using a smaller length object.
- Tells time in hours and half-hours.
- Interprets data from a graph.
- Partitions circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares and describes these using halves, fourths, and quarters.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools