- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 October 2016 13:18
Fifth Grade Mathematics Curriculum
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Evaluates expressions that have parentheses, brackets, or braces using standard order.
- Generates numerical patterns using given rules.
- Graphs relationships given as ordered pairs on a coordinate plane and writes it as a numerical expression.
Number and Operations
- Multiplies and divides powers of ten.
- Rounds decimals to any place.
- Reads, writes and compares numbers to thousandths using numerals, number names and expanded form.
- Demonstrates understanding of place value by assessing reasonableness of answers
- Multiplies & divides multi-digit whole numbers.
- Adds and subtracts multiplies and divides decimal numbers.
- Adds and subtracts fractions with different denominators.
- Models multiplication and division of fractions
- Solves real world problems involving whole numbers, decimals, and fractions,
Measurement and Data
- Converts among different-sized standard measurement units within a given system.
- Represents and interprets data on a line plot given in fractions of a unit.
- Solves real world and mathematical problems involving volume.
- Represents real world and mathematical problems by graphing points on the coordinate plane.
- Classifies two-dimensional figures based on their properties.
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools