- Last Updated on Monday, 08 August 2016 14:18
UES Picture Day is Wednesday, September 7th
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 June 2016 14:06
School Ends Tuesday, June 14th at 11:30 am
What's Coming up:
Wednesday, June 8: If you're in the neighborhood tomorrow, the UES community will be enjoying an End of the Year Celebration from 10:00 until about 11:00. Weather permitting, there will literally be dancing in the streets! Come and join us for the fun (and a popsicle) if you can.
Thursday, June 9: The 4th Grade will have the night to celebrate their five years at Union in high style. The ceremony will take place in the auditorium and cafeteria beginning at 6:00.
Friday, June 10: Montpelier High School Graduation at MHS
Monday, June 13: Our last full day, and it will be a busy one! A few important things:
1) The UES Lost and Found will be in business for the last time! All items need to be claimed by the end of the day -- those not claimed will be donated after school. Weather permitting, we'll lay out the items on the ampitheater beginning in the morning. Folks, we have a lot of beautiful items that need to come home. Some of you are missing some great stuff!
2) Second semester report cards will be handed out to students at the end of the day.
3) In addition, next year's placement letters (your child's teacher for next year) will be handed out to all students with the report cards. Be looking for both when you see your child. The Main Street Middle School 8th Grade Graduation will be Monday night. That's where I'll be!
Tuesday, June 14 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL, DISMISSAL AT 11:30 Yes, that's right -- Tuesday is the last day of school! Students will have a brief "Step Up Day" with their new teachers and classmates in the morning, and then following some wrap up in their classes, they will be dismissed for the summer at 11:30. If you have any questions about this or any other end of the year issues, please contact your teacher or the front office and we'll do our best to help. Thanks, and enjoy these last few days!
-Chris Hennessey, Principal
- Last Updated on Monday, 23 May 2016 12:49
- Last Updated on Thursday, 19 May 2016 14:53
Many UES classes traveled to MHS to plant lettuce this week. Students were encouraged to think about ways they had helped the lettuce seedlings to start, and to grow. "We make compost every day!", was one response. When invited, first graders were eager to touch the rich soil produced by the cafeteria compost after processing at Vermont Compost Company. It was fun to watch them handle the compost as if it were as valuable as gold!
© 2015 Montpelier Public Schools